About Me

My photo
I like people who are outgoing ang light headed like me

my playlist


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com

Saturday, January 16, 2010

The Soccer Finals




16 January2009, saturday
Today, this is what happened. Here it goes.

"Here, here pass the ball.''I screamed to my teammate Shawn. The day had finally come which we had all been waiting for. It was the inter-school soccer finals between Victoria School boys and Daredevils United. We had to overcome many games and outdo many teams, and to tell you the truth, it was an unbelievably hard experience. We had won all our matches except for one which had been against Daredevils United. Our opponents were known to be the strongest team in the tournament and forget about losing any match they had not even conceded a single goal in the whole tournament. We knew it was going to be really hard or rather close to impossible but we had to do it.

Our team was all set and ready to get on to the field and perform. I put my captains armband on and together as a team we marched on to the field. The moment we walked in, there were loud cheers from the crowd and students from all classes of the school surrounded the field. In other words you could say it was a completely packed arena. I was not surprised by the loud cheers as we were playing on our homeground. I began to fell more nervous as I really had no intention of breaking the crowds' hopes. My determined teammates approached their positions as we looked deep into the opponents eyes. There were fiery glares and I was sure that they too were really serious about the game.


'3, 2, 1 -ppeeeeeeepp' the referee blew his whistle and the game began. We were passing the ball around and both the teams had many shots on target. This happened before their midfielder broke through or defense and slid the ball past our keeper right into the bottom corner. The crowd was silent. The opposition were one up. Astonished, I asked my defenders to buck up and told them to have man to man marking to avoid any more breakthroughs. The game continued. Though we were more on the defensive mode. The crowd did not relent and there were non stop cheers. To tell you the truth ,that was the only thing that kept us going.


''Here, here pass the ball to me.''I screamed to my teammate shawn. The moment I got the ball, I dribbled the ball as fast as I could and crossed he ball right into the penalty box where josh my striker headered the ball into the top corner of the net. Elated, I ran to him and gave him a big hug. This made the crowd roar. Our hopes did not die down and we continued with the match the game went on. Soon the clock ticked for half time. We were all relieved as we really needed a break to freshen up. In the dressing room, I told my team that this is the most important moment of our lives yetand the next forty-five minutes would really be crucial. You really have to give it your all and work as a team. We had a few drinks and then went out.

The referee blew the whistle and we continued the match. Just when our opponents got the ball their captain made a through ball through two of our defenders to give their striker the ball but to our relief this caused a collision between the striker and our keeper. I managed to get back in and clear the ball. Unfortunately our keeper was badly hurt and had to be sent off. Our reserve keeper had to come in as a substitute who was not really that good. This realy brought us back on the defensive mode as we could not let the opponents get past our defense. The game went on and the clock was ticking fast. Before we would know it five minutes was left. We did it our all to step up and take chances. We got the ball and pushed it up the field. David, one of our defenders made a long cross to me and I was near the penalty box.

I stared at the goalkeeper in front of me,trying to intimidate him by staring in intensly into his eyes. I dribbled the ball,swerving from side to side to avoid the opposition. As I neared the goal post, my foot shot out. Clumps of grass and soil flew out as the ball crashed into the bottom corner of the net. I fell onto my knees, jubilent.Tears of joy began to fall from my eyes. I could not believe it. I got up and hugged my teammates by then,it was already too late for the opposition to equalise.''peep,peep,peep'' the referees whistle blew. We had won the tournament! The crew on the sidelines ran onto the field and they all lifted me up. They were singing cheers and I joined in. We did it! Today was really a great day.

The prize presentation took place and i was given the trophy. I held the trophy high up for my school. The principal congratulated me and I was really excited. I hope to have more of such days in my life.

Regards

Yash

1 comment: